we're trying literary devices this time: metaphors, similes, personification... it was more piecemeal this week - fierce trying out little snippets. this one comparing a woman to a tree was my hands-down favorite:
tall and slender,
standing motionless,
one entwined in vines, the other in children
waiting on a dusty shelf
cobwebs strewn overhead
librarian sits gloomily
she's going to close the library
due to lack of interest
the familiar dingling of a bell,
I see a little boy
he says something to the librarian
I am plucked from my shelf
and handed to the boy
to tell my story one last time
in a circle I go
from drawer to table
to mouth
to sink
and then the assault -
torrents of scalding water,
the indignity of suds
in the moment of quiet,
before the cycle renews,
I whisper to the dish:
"Want to run away to the moon?"
No comments:
Post a Comment